Japan Shiga Lake Biwa Ogoto Hot Springs Ogoto Hot Springs Ryokan Cooperative/Ogoto Hot Springs Tourist Association
- [ Ogoto Hot Springs Ingredients of hot spring water ]
- All hotels and inns in Ogoto Hot Springs use hot spring water for their baths.
Except the case of emergency such as the machine trouble of hot-water-supply-system, hot spring water would not be diluted with running-water.Fountainheads are owned and controlled by Otsu city.
City supplies hot spring water to all of 10 hotels and inns.
Click here for information about ingredients of hot spring hater.
- [ Ogoto Hot Springs Effects ]
- ［Quality］ alkaline simple hot spring water at about 36 ℃. Clear and colorless.
［ Benefits］ Ogoto hot spring water is said to help relieve neuralgia, muscular pain, joint pain, stiff shoulders, paralysis, bruise, chronic gastritis, poor circulation, fatigue, and skin problems.
- [ Origin of Ogoto Hot Springs ]
- Once upon a time, there lived a snake that had 8 heads in a valley named 'Hebigatani'.Groundwater gushed out in the pond near the valley. When a sick villager drank some groundwater there, he got well. When a wounded villager took a bath in groundwater. The wound was heeled. When a villager said a prayer and threw in a coin, the groundwater bubbled and the villager got his wish. It is said the pond turned into Ogoto Hot Springs.
- [ Origin of place-name ]
- The name of "Ogoto" came from combining the names of a governor from Heian period and traditional Japanese harp.
- [ Onsen Jizo a stone statue of Jizo ]
- Overlooking the lake, a stone statue of Jizo stands alone on the lawn of the lakeshore park.Onsen Jizo, a stone statue, is named to wish prosperity of Ogoto Hot Springs.Some offerings and flowers are put in front of the well-kept statue.You will sense how locals love their hot springs.
Copyright 2002-2008 Ogoto Hot Springs Ryokan Association All Right Reserved.